TO: RESIDENTS OF HOUMA -TERREBONNE HOUSING AUTHORITY
As we are sure everyone is aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has reached pandemic levels here in the United States. As always, we remain concerned for the safety of all our clients, their families and loved ones. We urge everyone to remain safe and stay vigilant during these times.
Out of an abundance of caution, the BT and SC Administrative Offices will be closed for in person visits from March 17, 2020 until further notice. However, this will not impact services to our residents.
Should you have a maintenance work order request, please call our office number at (985) 876-4755. In case of an emergency after regular work hours call (985) 876-4778. Emergency Health & Safety maintenance request will be abated as a priority. Routine and non-maintenance work orders will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
However, please be mindful that rents and repayment agreements are still due as normal. You are still responsible for your monthly payments! Payments may be mailed to: Houma-Terrebonne Housing Authority, P. 0. Box 3816 Houma, LA 70361.
URGENT: Please see reverse side for detailed information concerning COVID-19.
Again, we encourage everyone to stay safe during these uncertain times.
Mrs. Nikita Gilton, Executive Director
Symptoms can range from little to no symptoms to severe symptoms that can lead to illness or death.
Common Symptoms Include:Fever • Cough • Shortness of BreathLoss of Smell and/or Taste
Extreme Symptoms Include: Pain and Pressure in Chest • Difficulty Breathing Bluish Lips and Face • Confusion
Symptoms can appear in 2-14 days. If you have these symptoms self quarantine and contact your healthcare provider .
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
IF YOU ARE INFECTED
- Stay home except to get medical care and avoid public areas.
- Separate yourself from others in your home.
- Call your doctor before visiting to inform them you believe you have COVID-19.
- Wear a face mask and cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean “High Touch Areas” and personal items.
- Monitor symptoms and seek medical attention if symptoms worsen.